Thank you so much, Yulee, for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award! At first glance, this Award seems completely unrelated to all things Pinoy, but in reality, it very much is – Yulee Foster was crowned Miss Philippines UK 2014.
[Please note: I googled the original Award and am including the original unedited logo and unedited Rules below.]
The Rules: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time or don’t accept awards, etc.)
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Her 7 Questions:
1. What was the first thing you did this morning? After promising for the nth time I wouldn’t let our toddler sleep in our bed if he woke up too early, I still got up and did it – again. Tomorrow I’ll stick to my guns. 🙂
2. Where would you go on a first date? A sushi restaurant, without question. Luckily, he knew that.
3. What was the best advice someone has given you? “You’ll live.”‘ Great survival tip for the toughest days, weeks, months… hopefully not years!
4. When was the last time you laughed and what made you laugh? April Fool’s day, a friend joked about something serious that was going on in her life – the first time in my life someone REALLY got me good. We belly-laughed for a good five minutes. Priceless!
5. What is your favourite food? Did I mention sushi?
6. Who inspires you the most in life? My parents – they sacrificed a lot for me, were and are models of great work ethic and family devotion, raised me in the faith, gave me the freedom to make my own choices, and above all, put up with me (and still do!) – May I be even half the parents that they are.
7. What is the last book that you read and how did you find it? Believe it or not, a children’s book. I usually never get to finish books in one sitting these days, but just did it with Avi’s “True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle”. I was thinking of letting one of our kids read it, after reading and loving his Crispin trilogy (highly recommended!) – Charlotte Doyle was an exciting read too.
My 7 Questions:
- What makes you smile – without fail and instantly?
- What was the first book you remember reading over and over?
- If you had $1 million to give away, who would you give it to and why?
- What natural place or structure in the whole world is the most awe-inspiring to you?
- What man-made place or structure in the whole world is the most awe-inspiring to you?
- If you could change one thing in your life instantly, what would it be?
- What part of your roots do you treasure the most?